About 15 shops loacated along Lagos Street opposite the Oba Market, Benin on Monday morning razed by fire.
Goods worth millions of naira were lost in the fire.
It was gathered that the building was renovated about four months ago.
The fire, it was gathered, started at about 12 midnight from one of the shops where they sell pure water, take away packs and other provisions as a result of high power voltage.
A source said the fire started from a fridge in one of the shops.
One of the victims, Mrs. Tawa Shittu said her two daughters in-law goods were burnt in the inferno.
“They called me in the midnight that there was fire here but I couldn’t come here till 5am this morning and we met everything burnt to ashes. We were told the fire started from the back of the building.
What do you think about this?
Drop your comments below 👇